For an intimate and indwelling experience of Rajasthan’s warm hospitality and rich memoirs, there’s perhaps no better way than scheduling an accommodation at any of the luxury hotels in Rajasthan. For Rajasthan is the land of heritage with a shimmering royal past, which is still very much visible in its magnificent, war-torn forts and palatial constructions, every third visitor to India travels to this glorious destination to submerge in its flawless aristocracy.
Blending the erstwhile elegance with the avant-garde outlook, these hotels define opulence and are a continual source of unforgettable, world-class experience.
Following is the list of the best luxury hotels in Rajasthan:
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur: The home to Jodhpur’s royal family, Umaid Bhawan Palace is a stunning piece of Rajasthan’s heritage that was built between 1928 and 1943. It’s the 6th largest private residency and is amongst the last great citadels of India. The palace is divided into 3 functional parts, namely the royal family’s residency, a museum converging towards 20th century’s royalties, and a luxury palatial hotel managed by Taj. The palace is just a kilometer away from Jodhpur international airport (JDH).
2. Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur: One of the most romantic hotels in the world, Taj Lake palace is a dream in marble. A jewel that floats in the azure waters of Lake Pichola; it is an architectural marvel that was built between 1743 and 1746. The palace has on offer 66 rooms and 17 opulent suites and is set on the backdrop of Aravalli hills. With a 24-hour multi-cuisine restaurant and bar, Jiva spa, outdoor pool, and facilities for the disabled, the hotel has bagged multiple awards for its foremost extravagance.
3. The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur: Built around an 18th century Shiva temple, Oberoi Rajvilas is surrounded by ornate architecture and lush gardens and offers 54 exquisitely deluxe suites along with 14 air-conditioned regal tents. It is nothing short of a unique amalgam of authentic Rajasthani art and culinary experience. With meticulously designed rooms and 3 praiseworthy dining establishments, the hotel is a 40 minutes drive from the Jaipur airport.
4. Amanbagh Resort, Alwar: It is a contemporary abode honouring Rajasthan’s royal age. An exclusive getaway around 80 kilometers from Jaipur, Amanbagh features 8 courtyard haveli suites on either sides of a swimming pool, 8 terrace suites, 16 pool pavilions, a boutique selling silverware, jewelry, and fashion apparels, wellness spa with experienced therapists and complimentary yoga classes. An uber retreat from city’s clamor, Amanbagh is a modern day castle evoking the Mughal elegance.
5. Ajit Bhawan, Jodhpur: Spread across 20,500 square meters, Ajit Bhawan is a heritage resort that was built in 1927 exclusively for Maharaja Ajit Singh Ji. It lets its guests taste the supreme luxuries of a bygone era. Featuring an outdoor pool, 2 authentic restaurants, a royal bar and 69 ornamented suites bathing in kingly luxury and warmth, it is India’s first heritage hotel. Ajit Bhawan is just a 10 minutes drive from Jodhpur International airport.